Empire Life is a proud Canadian company that has been serving Canadians since 1923. Because we operate only in Canada, our focus is on understanding and meeting the financial needs of Canadians. We offer individual and group life and health insurance, investment and retirement products, including mutual funds through our wholly-owned subsidiary Empire Life Investments Inc.
Empire Life is among the top 10 life insurance companies in Canada. We are rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company and are known for our integrity, personalized service, sound financial management, strength and capitalization, and industry-leading technology. Our mission is to make it simple, fast and easy for Canadians to build wealth, generate income, and achieve financial security.
We believe the knowledge and advice of a skilled professional can best help you make informed decisions about your financial security and wealth management.
One of the top 10 Canadian life insurance companies*, we offer life insurance, investment products and employee benefits, including:
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Segregated funds and annuities
- Mutual funds, through our subsidiary, Empire Life Investments Inc.
- Group health, critical illness, disability, and dental insurance plans
How are we different from other insurance companies in Canada?
Our mission is to make it simple, fast and easy for you to get the investment, insurance and group benefits coverage you need to build wealth, generate income, and achieve financial security. Based in Kingston, Ontario and with offices from coast to coast, we are known for:
- Our integrity
- Sound financial management and fund management
- Strength and capitalization
- Personalized service
- Industry-leading technology
- Strong distribution partner relationships
Our promise to you
We value the trust you place in us to pay claims and manage your investments responsibly.
- Overall individual life claims paying rate for 2020: 99.6%
- Net benefits and claims paid to our customers in 2020: $578 million
- Total assets including general and segregated funds as at December 31, 2020: $18.7 billion